If you would like more information please look at the Invernesshighactiveschools Facebook page.
P1 had a packed week after returning from the October Holidays. We made Witches faces for Halloween. They are very scary. We hope to display these in the school hall for the Halloween disco. We have also been very busy preparing a presentation on Firework Safety on Monday 30th October 2017 for the whole school at our Welcome Assembly.
Yesterday we began to learn about the artist Pablo Picasso. We looked at some of his portraits and discussed his style of art.
We used his portraits as inspiration to create our very own witches in the style of Picasso.
They have turned out great! Everyone worked so hard and followed the instructions 🙂 Well done P2!
Here are some reflections from the children:
- “We were learning about how to make funny witches and some of them looked funny.” Callum
- “I liked trying out the new way.” Hannah
- “Some of them look really scary and funky.” Lachlan
- “I enjoyed making it because I made mine funny.” Kaelan
- “We were making witched like Picasso.” Shevaun”I thought it was really fun because there weren different shapes.” Adam”
- They look really nice and I like them.” Kamila
- “I liked making the witches because it was really fun.” Filip
Welcome back to Term 2. This term we will be continuing our Ancient Greek topic. This week we have been writing our names in Greek and will be studying Greek gods next week. P5 are full of enthusiasm and excited about the term ahead.
All of us in Primary 3 are enjoying getting back into the school routine, and we are ready for a busy term.
Our class topic is The Romans, and we are looking forward to learning about who they were and what they did.