READING: Remember to read your book regularly. Take your reading book to school every day.
LIBRARY BOOK: Return your library book every Monday so it can be exchanged for another one.
MATHS: Draw 4 clock faces. Add the hour and minute hands to make a Time (either on the hour or half past). Write the time in analogue and digital beside each clock face e.g. 3 o’clock and 03:00 or half past 10 and 10:30.
HEALTHY LIFESTYLES: Practise your words and song for our P1 Assembly.
SEASHORE: Put the following Seashore words into alphabetical order: e.g. flip flops, swimming, waves, lobster, would be…….flip flops, lobster, swimming, waves. Pupils can use this alphabet list to help them.
Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, Jj, Kk, Ll, Mm, Nn, Oo, Pp, Qq, Rr, Ss, Tt, Uu, Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz
1. rocks, sand, water, fish
2. prawn, bucket, spade, crab
3. seaweed, limpet, boat, tide
4. beach, whale, dolphin, scallop
ROYAL WEDDING: Find out one fact about the Royal Wedding due to take place on Saturday 19th May 2018. Remember your fact so that you can share it with the other pupils in your class. We will be joining the Nursery this Friday for some Pre Wedding celebrations and fact finding.
SPELLING: Activity 1- Spelling List 12
rub, man, vet, cut, pan, fat, map, rip, rob, pin
Write each word in your spelling jotter 3 times.
1st time – LOOK at the word as you write it.
2nd time – COVER the word and have a go at spelling it. Check it! Is it right?
3rd time – HAVE ANOTHER GO at writing each word as neatly and as correctly as you can.
Activity 2 – Keep practicing the Bronze or Silver words…. whichever one’s you are on.
Extension: Have a go at writing sentences using your spelling words – remember capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
Celebrating Success: Star Pupil of the week: Hollie – Well done!
Star Writers: Michal, Rhona, Daniels, Dakota, Summer, Hamish M., Hamish C. and Abbie. Keep up the super effort!
Baillie Cup: Training this week for: Hamish M., Harry, Eliza, Lois and Wessal on Friday between 2.45 & 3.45 pm in the Northern Meeting Park.
Dates for your diaries:
• Health Week – 21st – 25th May/P1 Health and Wellbeing Assembly – Monday 21st May
• Sponsored Walk – Tuesday 22nd May
• Sports Day – Friday 25th May
• In-service day – Monday 4th June
• School Picnic Lunch Day – Wednesday 6th June
• Baillie Cup – Saturday 9th June
• P1 & P1/2 Rosemarkie Beach Trip – Monday 18th June
• P1/P7 Buddies Trip to Whin Park – Friday 22nd June
• Whole School Trip to Landmark – Tuesday 26th June
• Meet your new teacher day – Wednesday 27th June
• Summer Holiday start – Friday 29th June 12 noon.
• Pupils return to school – 21st August 2018