The Readathon event that took place earlier this month was very successful and the children loved reading all of their books. There were over 26,000 pages read across the week, what an incredible total!
Members from the Parent Council attended our final Good News Assembly of the year to share the results and present the cup. Thank you to the Parent Council for organising this event and purchasing the cup for our school.
Urquhart were the winners who read a total of 8501 pages!
Leys, Cawdor and Ness all read lots too!
- Leys 6926
- Cawdor 6385
- Ness 6043
Well done to all pupils, we hope you continue to read for enjoyment over the Summer holidays.
Please be reminded that there will be no Judo, Creative Writing, Choir or Chess clubs this week due to being the last week of term.
We would greatly appreciate your support to spread the word.
The Central Team
We are all really looking forward to Landmark tomorrow, it will be a great day for all.
Here are a few reminders for the day:
- The bus will leave sharp at 9.30am so please be in on time to register
- The bus will be leaving Landmark at 2pm and will all arrive back between 2.45 and 3pm.
- Please remember to bring your packed lunch unless you have ordered one from the canteen.
- The weather forecast looks lovely and sunny for tomorrow so we would advise the children to take some suncream and a water bottle along.
- We would like the children to wear their school jumpers or school polo shirts.
- Please ensure appropriate footwear and, if possible, lighter trousers. It would be a good idea for the children to take a change of clothes in case of getting wet on the water slides.
- We would advise, unless essential, mobile phones should be left at home tomorrow. If they are brought into school they will, as normal, be take in at the start of the day.
- The children can bring a maximum of £2 spending money.
The Central Team.
We are almost at the end of another school year and getting ready to say goodbye and good luck to our Primary 7s moving onto secondary school.
Primary 7 Leavers Assembly will take place on Friday 29th June at 11am. All P7 parents welcome.
We would love to see you there.
Have a good weekend.
The Central Team
Wee reminder to all parents that the Parent Council AGM is on Tuesday 19th June from 7-9pm.
We are really keen that as many of our parents manage along so that we can nurture our partnerships with you as we finish one year and look forward to the next.
It is important that we have representation for all our children and we especially encourage our families where English is an additional language to be involved.
Please find below a letter from Mrs Dickinson our Parent Council Chair:
Dear Parent or Guardian
The Parent Council can not continue to run without your help. This year we have had a great year, but we have struggled to get the support we need to run the Parent Council and the activities to for the children in the school.
Our next meeting is on the 19th of June between 7.00pm and 9.00pm. At this meeting we will wrap up the Parent Council business for this school year and elect new members for next year. Please, please come along get involved. This year committee members will be stepping down and we desperately need other parents to take their place.
If you don’t want to be part of the official committee then you can choose to become part of a group of parents who arrange and support events and fundraising activities for the children. This means that you don’t need to come to formal meetings but can simply get involved with planning and running events throughout the year.
If you are unable to come along but would like to get involved then please leave your name and phone number at the school office or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave us a facebook message
Parent Council Chairperson.
Primary 2 wil be visiting Wester Hardmuir Farm next Monday. We have been awaiting confirmation for the buses.
The children have been given a letter home today please check bags.
I have attached a copy here on the link below.
Please return these by Thursday 14th June.
P2 School Trip