Today the nursery children went to visit the train station and they all had a fabulous time!
The children had a tour of the station and even go to go on the new sleeper train. “Big train”
The transport police were with us the whole time and gave all the children a Thomas the tank engine sticker book. We went to the ticket office and all the children were given tickets.
All the children and staff would like thank everyone at ScotRail and parent helpers for making the morning so special.
World Book Day Information
We are looking forward to celebrating World Book Day on Thursday 5th March. Please see the information below for dressing up, a ‘Story in a Box’ competition, cosy read and a cake and some information on games.
Dress Up or Down
- Pupils may dress up as a character if they wish to
- If pupils don’t want to dress up no problem, they can dress down.
- This is for all pupils Nursery-P7
- No donation required.
‘Story In a Box’ Competition
- Entries welcome from Nursery-P7
- Create a scene from a book (fiction or non-fiction), this could be from your favourite book or a book you are reading at school.
- This can be created in an old shoe box/part of a cardboard box/cereal box turned inside out- be creative!
- Please ensure you include the title of your book and if you can, a short summary/review of your book.
- All entries should be taken to school on Thursday 5th March.
- Winners will be announced in the school assembly on Friday 6th March.
- The winners will receive a book fair voucher to use at the School Book Fair the following week.
Cosy up with a book and cake!
- P7s would like to hold a bake sale on World Book Day.
- All classes will be given an opportunity to purchase a cake and have a cosy read!
- Cakes will cost 50p each.
- We would welcome any baking donations, please pop these to the school office before, or on the morning of, Thursday 5th March!
- We will be running a few games on World Book Day.
- The games will cost 20p a go.
- Each class will have an opportunity to play and take part.
Cycling Club will be cancelled this Tuesday, 25th of February.
The children have been learning about Transport. They have been improving their fine motor skills by cutting and sticking 2D shapes to create their own mode of transport. The children are now able to identify circle, triangle, square and rectangle. The learners used loose parts to make their own transport models. They can recognize some road signs and are able to match them to 2D shapes.
Using recyclable materials we have improved our fine motor skills, numeracy and social interactions. The children had to count the yogurt pots and balance them to make the pyramid. The learners had to communicate and find the best solution. The pupils took on a role of being a Big Bad Wolf and tried to blow the pyramid down.
The children enjoyed PE session with P1 pupils. The children had to demonstrate how to use repeated patterns of movement to create a simple obstacle course.
We celebrated Valentines Day by baking heart shaped biscuits which they all took home.
Nursery children continue to learn about Transport. As a part of their learning they will be visiting the train station on Thursday the 27th of February.
We will leave nursery around 10:20/30am and we hope to arrive at the train station at 11am.
We should be back at nursery by 12:30.
We would greatly appreciate any volunteers for a fun morning out!
*Design Competition open to all pupils!*
Enter a design and you could win a personalised @frogbikes bike of your choice!
Click on the link below and download the template to colour in for your chance to win:
Deadline 1st March! Good luck!