World Book Day Information
We are looking forward to celebrating World Book Day on Thursday 5th March. Please see the information below for dressing up, a ‘Story in a Box’ competition, cosy read and a cake and some information on games.
Dress Up or Down
- Pupils may dress up as a character if they wish to
- If pupils don’t want to dress up no problem, they can dress down.
- This is for all pupils Nursery-P7
- No donation required.
‘Story In a Box’ Competition
- Entries welcome from Nursery-P7
- Create a scene from a book (fiction or non-fiction), this could be from your favourite book or a book you are reading at school.
- This can be created in an old shoe box/part of a cardboard box/cereal box turned inside out- be creative!
- Please ensure you include the title of your book and if you can, a short summary/review of your book.
- All entries should be taken to school on Thursday 5th March.
- Winners will be announced in the school assembly on Friday 6th March.
- The winners will receive a book fair voucher to use at the School Book Fair the following week.
Cosy up with a book and cake!
- P7s would like to hold a bake sale on World Book Day.
- All classes will be given an opportunity to purchase a cake and have a cosy read!
- Cakes will cost 50p each.
- We would welcome any baking donations, please pop these to the school office before, or on the morning of, Thursday 5th March!
- We will be running a few games on World Book Day.
- The games will cost 20p a go.
- Each class will have an opportunity to play and take part.