We have had a really lovely first day back to school.
The children were great and all settled into their new classes.
Breakfast club will be open from tomorrow. If you need information about this service please let the class teacher know. Thank you.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR ENTERING AND LEAVING SCHOOL
We recognise that arrangements today were not ideal. We really hope that queuing can be avoided and in order to help improve things, from tomorrow please note the following?
- The gates will be open around 8.50 – please allow your child to enter the gates from this time onwards and to line up at their line.
- Can all primary children who are old enough and confident enough to leave their parents slightly further away from the gate please do so and go and join their line?
- Can parents leave as soon as their child has entered the gates
- Primary 1 children please come in for 9.30.
- Nursery parents please use the gate with the buzzer system to enter then walk round to the fenced area beside nursery.
- We will allow parents to stand inside the grounds in the area to the left of the gates and not beyond the sandpit.
- Please maintain social distance whilst waiting, this is for everyone’s safety
HOME SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
We will send out See Saw letters soon so that we can set up new classes for this year. See Saw is the app we use to share information with parents.
Our school uses Google G Suite. This will be used more frequently as the year progresses.
We are delighted to welcome some new members of staff to our team. Mr Thomson, Mr Lallah and Mr Russell have joined our teaching team. Mrs Gibb is working from home for just now and will work alongside Mr Russell and Mrs C Cameron in P3/4. We are in the process of advertising for our Road Crossing Patroller and Clerical Assistant. In the meantime these posts will be covered as best we can on a supply basis.
Thank you for your patience and understanding with the changes to our routines as we establish our “new normal”.
If you have any queries or concerns please do get in touch.